The ongoing military tension between America and Iran has once again reached a very sensitive point. According to an explosive report by the American media organization ‘Axios’, if the final round of peace agreement talks between the two countries do not reach any concrete result, then US President Donald Trump is “seriously considering” launching a new and major military attack against Iran. To avert the danger of this great war and find a diplomatic way out, back-channel diplomacy has intensified, under which Pakistani Army Chief (COAS) General Asim Munir has suddenly reached Iran’s capital Tehran along with a high-level delegation from Qatar.
‘War Cabinet’ meeting at White House: Trump calls national security team
Axios, quoting two senior US officials, has claimed that President Donald Trump held a highly confidential and high-level meeting with top officials of his national security team at the White House on Friday morning regarding war and strategy with Iran. Sources directly related to the President say that Trump is very clear that if no major diplomatic breakthrough is achieved at the last moment in the current talks, then America will not back down from targeting Iran’s military bases again.
This high-profile meeting was attended by several war strategists including US Vice President J.D. Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, CIA Director John Ratcliffe and White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles.
Pakistani Army Chief reaches Tehran: Last attempt to reach agreement with Qatar
On one hand, America has kept military options open, while on the other hand, Gulf countries and Pakistan have intensified efforts for mediation to stop the war. Pakistani Army Chief General Asim Munir can hold a very important meeting with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) commander and the country’s chief policy maker General Ahmed Vahidi in Tehran on Saturday.
A special diplomatic delegation from Qatar is also present with Asim Munir in this peace mission. However, Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi has adopted a very mysterious stance regarding the visit and “neither denied nor confirmed” the news of this “high-level delegation” visiting Tehran. A US official associated with the talks said that diplomatic efforts are currently in a very “challenging” phase and the draft of the agreement is being sent to both sides every day, but no major breakthrough has been achieved so far.
Stuck on nuclear weapons: Trump said – “Iran has no option”
The main root of this entire dispute and war is Iran’s nuclear program. During a public event held at the White House, President Donald Trump made his strategy clear, saying, “Iran wants to compromise at this time. Let’s see what happens next. But we have recently given them a very hard blow and we had no other option because Iran cannot get a nuclear weapon at any cost. They can never have it.”
On the other hand, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, who is on a visit to Sweden, while speaking to international journalists, admitted that the ongoing back-channel talks with Iran have seen only “modest progress”, adding that the risk of war has not been completely averted.
look news india