Monday , May 20 2024

USA: Indian Embassy's displeasure over investigation report of Janhvi Kandula case

The Indian government has demanded a re-investigation into the death of Indian student Jhanvi Kandula, who lost her life in a road accident in America. The Consulate General in Seattle has placed this demand before the American administration. It is noteworthy that the King County Prosecutor, in his investigation report, had acquitted the police officer who attacked Jhanvi due to lack of evidence.

Indian Consulate General said this

In a post shared on social media, the Consulate General in Seattle wrote that the King County Prosecuting Attorney's investigative report on the unfortunate death of Janhvi Kandula has been released. The Consulate General is in constant touch with Jhanvi's family and will continue to provide all possible assistance to Jhanvi and her family to get justice. We have also strongly raised this matter with the Seattle administration and Seattle Police and have demanded a re-investigation of the matter. The case has also now been referred to the Seattle City Attorney's Office, where it will be reviewed. We await the completion of the Seattle Police investigation and will continue to monitor this case.

Jhanvi died after colliding with a police car

It is noteworthy that on January 23, Indian student Jhanvi Kandula died in a road accident in Seattle. While crossing the road, Jhanvi was hit by a police car. Seattle Police Officer Kevin Dave was driving the police car at the time of the crash. Recently, Seattle's King County Prosecution Department gave a clean chit to Kevin Dave in its investigation report. The department said that there is no evidence against Kevin on the basis of which a criminal case can be initiated against him.

The investigation revealed that Seattle Police had received an emergency call of a drug overdose. Based on this emergency information, police officer Kevin Dave was heading towards the spot. During this time the speed of Kevin's car was about 119 km per hour. This was the reason that the police officer did not have time to control the vehicle at the time of the accident.