New Delhi The fight against corona virus is going on in India and the vaccination campaign is going on continuously. Precautionary doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for all adults were being made available at private immunization centers from Sunday. This comes after the Center announced that precautionary doses of anti-COVID 19 vaccines will be available to all people above the age of 18 years at private immunization centers starting April 10.
The Center also told the states that the precautionary dose would be the same as that used for the administration of the first two doses and that private immunization centers can charge up to a maximum of Rs 150 per dose as a service. Charges in excess of the cost of the vaccine.
COVID Booster Dose for All Adults – Top Points
- The Union Health Ministry announced that precautionary doses will be available from April 10 for all people above the age of 18 at private immunization centers who have completed nine months of administration of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine major Serum Institute of India (SII) and Bharat Biotech said they have decided to cut the prices of precautionary doses of their respective COVID-19 vaccines by Rs 225 per shot for private hospitals after discussions with the government. has decided.
- Those born between 1963 and 2004 are eligible for the precautionary dose. However, there should be an interval of 9 months/273 days after the second dose before the third dose or the precautionary dose.
- Citizens can walk to private centers or log in to CoWIN portal
- The third dose will be free for healthcare workers, frontline workers and people above 60 years of age.
- According to the ministry’s data, so far around 96 per cent people above the age of 15 years have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, while about 83 per cent have received both the doses.
- The ministry had said that more than 2.4 crore precautionary doses have been given to health workers, frontline workers and people above 60 years of age. In addition, 45 per cent of the beneficiaries in the age group of 12-14 years have received the first dose.
- Doctors at private immunization centers in Delhi on Saturday said they are all ready for exercise and the third shot will provide “stronger protection” against the coronavirus.
- “We have been at the forefront of COVID vaccines among private healthcare players. With the government allowing the third dose, we are fully prepared to extend our support and meet this,” said Dr Sandeep Budhiraja, Group Medical Director, Max Healthcare.
- Dr Bishnu Pangrahi, Group Head, Medical Strategy and Operations, Fortis Healthcare said that the government’s decision to provide precautionary doses for all adults has come at the right time as many countries are again witnessing a surge in COVID-19 cases. “Given how many countries are again witnessing a new viral wave and with the emergence of new COVID variants, I think this is a step in the right direction at the right time and would like to congratulate the government for the same. .