768-512-14969972-312-14969972-1649483194610

Riyadh: Saudi Arabia said on Saturday it would allow one million visitors for the Hajj pilgrimage this year. As Al Jazeera reported, Saudi Arabia said that Muslims from inside and outside the country will be able to perform Hajj provided they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are not over the age of 65. be. Last year only a few thousand domestic pilgrims were allowed to perform Haj due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said in a statement that pilgrims coming from abroad will also have to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test and take additional health precautions. Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam and is a once in a lifetime duty for all able Muslims if they can afford it. It is expected to happen in July this year. Before the virus emerged, about 2.5 million people went to Saudi Arabia for Hajj every year.

Source