Kolkata, April 27 (H.S.). The High Court has expressed displeasure over the role of the police in connection with the kidnapping and attempted rape of a woman in the Narendrapur police station area under South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. During the hearing on Wednesday, a bench of Justice Rajasekhar Mahantha has directed to hand over the incident from the police to the CID. Along with this, a complete report of the incident has also been summoned from the Director General of Police. It has been directed to submit the report by June 7.

It has been told that Additional Superintendent of Police of Baruipur Police District Inderjit Basu had filed a report in the High Court on April 19 in this matter. Referring to this report on Wednesday, the court said that the investigating officer has taken great care and has tried to mislead the court as well. Departmental action should be initiated against him also. Even the superintendent of police’s signature is not there on the report presented in the court, about which the court has raised questions. Actually a woman named Madhu Singh lives in the Narendrapur police station area and works as a maid in the house of Shashank Raj Sahu of the same area. On January 27, when she was returning home after finishing her work, three men blocked her way and tried to kidnap her. It is alleged that he was also physically assaulted. They asked Madhu how many rooms are there in Shashank’s house, who lives in which room. These people even threatened to throw Shashank out of the house. A complaint was immediately lodged with the police station but the police did not take any action. On January 30, once again these three stopped Madhu’s way. He again informed the police station about this but no action was taken after which on February 3, five people in a car again tried to stop and kidnap Madhu Singh. However, when he raised an alarm, the local people gathered and caught a man named Vinod Yadav. Later he was arrested by the police.

The police also seized the car from which gun etc. was recovered but it is alleged that the police in its report only told about the recovery of the car and did not give any information about the things recovered from the car. After this, on 17th and 20th February also some miscreants entered Madhu’s house and started threatening to kill her. Despite frequent such incidents, the police did not take action, after which Madhu had written a letter demanding a CID inquiry into the incident from the DGP. On receiving no response from there also, he had approached the High Court, on which the court has taken a strict stand on Wednesday. It is learned that the responsibility of investigating the incident has been given to an SI named Arnav Chakraborty who has recently been promoted from head constable to this post. The court has also ordered action against him.