1029840-hajj2022news

new Delhi: Following various Covid-19 pandemic-signaling restrictions, Saudi Arabia increased the number of Hajj pilgrims from inside and outside the kingdom to one million this year, state news agency SAP reported early on Saturday.

Regarding the conditions under which the pilgrims will be allowed, it is that they have been fully vaccinated. The ministry further said that this year the annual pilgrimage will be for people below 65 years of age.

international traveler

 

The ministry said pilgrims coming from abroad to perform Haj will have to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test, adding that all pandemic protocols and precautions should be followed.

Last year, due to the Covid-19 crisis, according to official figures, around 60,000 Muslim pilgrims were allowed to perform Haj.

 

Before the pandemic, the number of pilgrims often exceeded 2 million

India on Haj Arrangement

Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Tuesday that the government has made all arrangements for this year’s Haj while awaiting Saudi Arabia’s decision on other protocols.

 

The minister was replying to a question by TMC MP Nadeemul Haque in Rajya Sabha.

The BJP leader said that all the arrangements have been taken care of by the Centre.

Application for Haj 2022

Applications for Haj 2022 were invited in the month of January and February. The window is now closed.

Source