Guwahati: As a precaution, the administration of Assam’s border district Sivasagar has imposed Section 144 of CrPC and imposed night curfew along the state’s border with Nagaland to prevent any anti-social activities. The restrictions will remain in force for the next 60 days or until further notice, the statement said.
what is allowed, what is prohibited
- The ban will remain in force for the next 60 days or until further notice.
- The movement of any person or group and motor vehicle is prohibited within a radius of 5 km from 6 pm to 6 am on the border.
- The administration has warned of action under section 188 of the IPC for violation of prohibitory orders.
- Gathering of 5 or more people in public places, processions, dharnas, rallies, affixing of any kind of posters, banners on any wall, government, semi-government or private residents etc. And writing obscene or derogatory words and slogans is strictly prohibited during this period.
- The administration has also banned rear riding in two wheelers.
- People above 60 years of age, children below 12 years of age, women, government officials and police personnel are exempted from prohibitory orders.
The district administration has warned that action will be taken under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for violating the prohibitory orders.