1376759-1021694-bomb-threat

Seven schools in Bengaluru received bomb blast threats from an undisclosed source via email on Friday. The threat via email said a “very strong bomb” had been planted inside the schools and “this is no joke.”

The email in which the bomb threat was made read, “A very powerful bomb has been planted in your school, this is no joke. Immediately call the police and sappers, hundreds of lives may have to suffer, yours too, don’t delay, everything is in your hands now.”

The police immediately swung into action with emergency protocols and deployed bomb disposal squads in all the schools where the chief was sent. Senior police officers are visiting the schools to ensure the safety of all staff and students.

According to media reports, Bengaluru City Police Commissioner Kamal Pant confirmed that seven schools have received this bomb threat. Pant said the local police were investigating the threat as per official practice.

Reports suggest that the schools that have received bomb threats are Delhi Public School Varthur, St Vincent Paul’s School, Indian Public School, New Academy School, New Academy School and a few others.

Source